Dream Big – Start Small – Never Stop!
Looking to transform your tired playground into a beautiful natural playscape filled with plants, hills, trees, water, wonder and more? You’ve come to the right place!
This online class will walk you step by step through the design and community build process to help you make your natural playscape dreams come true. With examples of natural playscapes from around the world you’ll be empowered and inspired to to take your play yard to the next level, no matter your budget, time frame or energy level.
Your Playscape Makeover guide is designer-author Rusty Keeler. Rusty has worked with hundreds of schools, communities, families and childcare centers, universities around the world to create amazing, sensory-rich environments for children and is the author of the book Natural Playscapes and the forthcoming book Adventure Play. Rusty and his team of experts and experienced playscape dreamer-builders will inspire and entertain as you roll up your sleeves, write down your dreams, and plan your new outdoor playscape.
Through the course Modules you will get:
– hundreds of examples of inspiring natural playscapes from around the world
– “action tools” to guide you to:
- brainstorm your playscape dreams
- assess your local material and people resources
- draw your dreams and make wish lists of local materials
- break your project into phases
- plan a volunteer community-build project
- create an ongoing maintenance plan
- enjoy your beautiful new playscape!
– tips for fundraising and grant-writing
– access to an online community to support each other’s projects
– group conference calls to answer your specific questions
– direct feedback on your designs by Rusty Keeler and team
– Playscape Makeover web page celebrating your project
We will be opening our class and accepting applicants Fall 2014.
We’re excited to help you transform your yard into the outdoor playscape of your dreams!
Sign up today for updates and information on enrollment, schedule, and pricing.
This MailChimp shortcode is now deprecated. Please insert the new shortcode to display this form.